Next-Generation Video Platform for Influencers, Musicians, Mentors, and Teachers
The rise of the internet has revolutionized our entire existence. Whether we need to buy something, travel somewhere, send a message to someone, or learn something quickly, the internet has an interesting solution to almost all of our needs. But, what stands out is the impact it has on the media and communications industry. We all can agree that social media is probably the most interesting outcome of the rise of the internet.
What started as a simple way of interacting with friends has snowballed to an extent where its use cases are now endless. Social media has made it easy for people to showcase their talents, build an audience, and create an entire career out of it. The result is that we now have an ecosystem of creators thriving off of social media.
Now, even though there are numerous opportunities for creators on present-day social media platforms, they come with their own set of problems. Probably this is why it is time for us to shift our focus onto a new generation of platforms like YouClout.
Challenges Creators Face On Social Media Platforms of Today
Creating a personal brand on social media is a daunting task. While there are obvious creative challenges, what really hinders the success of creators are the technical problems.
For new creators, it is not enough to focus on a single platform. Creators have to simultaneously focus on multiple platforms like Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn if they have to build a comprehensive brand. Now, the challenge is that all these platforms are different. While Instagram focuses more on visuals, LinkedIn gives priority to text. Imagine the plight of a creator trying to create content for all these platforms.
After this comes the problem of monetization. Did you know that the CEO of Spotify has a net worth of $4 billion, while artists on the platform (ie the only reason the platform exists, to begin with) only make $.003 per stream? Youtube? Forget it, it’s even worse, with the average pay per view hovering at approximately $0.0005 cents (that’s 1/20th of one penny). Even after all these years, there is no efficient way for creators on these platforms to earn directly from their content. Most of them have to depend on ad revenues and brand sponsorships. Fans too have no real way of contributing to the creator’s growth.
Last but not least is the problem of centralization. Instagram has over 1B monthly active users, and yet, all the important decisions are probably made by a team of 15–20 people. The community has no say in company policies. For creators, this means unexpected algorithm changes, unnecessary bans, and no control over the brand they strived so hard to build.
Thankfully, with the advent of blockchain technology, a decentralized future doesn’t seem far. We now have a new generation of emerging platforms that can solve all these problems and create a better environment for creators to thrive. One such platform is YouClout.
YouClout: A Community-Driven Platform For Creators
We’re all familiar with TikTok, the short video platform that took the world by storm. Now YouClout is a TikTok-style decentralized content platform and NFT (non-fungible token) marketplace. It not only lets creators generate amazing video content but also provides a marketplace for them to sell their content directly to their fans. It is also a cross-device platform meaning that is accessible on smartphones as well as other web-enabled devices.
Here’s how creators can benefit from this platform.
- Creators can easily build a loyal fanbase around video content with YouClout’s next-generation decentralized feature set.
- Creators on YouClout can issue specialized Y-tokens to their community. They can create a free channel offering exclusive content to Y token holders.
- The best part about YouClout is its conferencing platform. It is an extremely useful tool that lets creators hold conferences where they can directly interact with their audience and share valuable content. From weekly fan sessions to full-blown virtual events that match Coachella or Woodstock, the platform is capable of handling events of any scale.
- YouClout is powered by blockchain technology. This means that it is fully transparent and decentralized. Creators own 100% of all their content, there is no need for middlemen, and content censorship will become a long-forgotten issue.
- The platform comes equipped with a full-fledged marketplace for trading NFTs and Y-tokens. Creators can convert their creations into environment-friendly NFTs to be sold to fans. This provides a way for creators to directly benefit from the content they create.
- The feed on this platform is intelligently generated by dedicated AI that takes into account users’ interests, interactions, and preferences. It makes sure that the right content finds the right audience.
- YouClout rewards its creators for their consistency and efforts with influencer badges for things like the largest community, most engaging content, and longest-held conference. Users of this platform can discover creators based on these badges, ytokens, engagement, and quality of content.
- This community-driven platform comes provides creators with brand new tools for interacting with fans and monetizing content.
The platform is powered by its native utility token YCT. It provides creators a way of monetizing their brand and YCT holders get special discounts and private memberships on the platform.
Are Community Driven Platforms the Future?
For decades, we’ve given unprecedented power to centralized platforms to control our lives. Now, with the rise of blockchain technology, we’ve started to realize the power of decentralization. If blockchain technology keeps up its pace of growth, we could see a future where everything is decentralized, even social media. The perks of decentralized social media platforms like YouClout are too good to ignore. If implemented well, they do have the potential to replace the social media platforms of today.